Women can be hard to read, but guys are pretty skilled at giving ladies mixed messages too. Like when a guy acts like he's into a lady, when really...he's just not that into at all. Here are things ladies wish men wouldn't do when they clearly have no intentions of making them their wives or girlfriends.
1. Do not be ambiguous about what she is to you. If you only like her as a friend, refer to her as your friend in front of her.
2. Do not pay for her meals. It's a really sweet gesture. But if you don't fancy her in a romantic way at all, then split the bill. Because after all, you're just friends. Do you pay for all of your friends' meals? No.
3. Do not ask a lady about the type of guy she likes. This will make her think you're curious to know if you fit what she's looking for in a man. Thus, making her think you are interested.
4. Do not talk to her all the time. Don't call and/or text her every day. This makes it seem like you're thinking about her all the time, which can be translated into something more.
5. Do not spend one-on-one time with her after a group hangout. This makes a lady think you want to extend your time spent together, which then makes her think you really, really like spending time with her. And that can make her think you have romantic feelings for her. Just go your separate ways after a group hang-out.
6. Do not hold her hand. Just don't. Sure, friends hold hands but not all the time. You should only hold her hand if you are trying to make her your girl.
7. Do not bring her into your friend group. letting her know your "boys boys" is a big deal. You may think, "What. I'm just letting her meet my bros." But she meeting your clique is sending the message that you want her to be deeply involved in your life.
8. Do not suggest meet-the-parents plans with a lady. Things like traveling, meeting your family, and etc. is kind of super "boyfriend-y". Planting it in her head that she'll one day do these things with you makes her think there is a possible romantic future for the two of you.
9. Do not hang out with her almost every-single-day. It's great that you love hanging out with her. But spend enough alone time with someone and you'll eventually catch feelings. She'll also assume you love hanging out with her and want to take it to the next level.